Why New York trusts ProFitness Physical Therapy for complete, ONE-ON-ONE rehabilitation.
At ProFitness Physical Therapy, it is our goal to help every patient achieve fast, full and lasting injury recovery — and to successfully manage many chronic, painful health conditions. To meet this goal, we are committed – individually and as a team – to giving 100% of our expertise and effort to every patient at all times.
Our rehab care is always provided ONE therapist to ONE patient. ONE at a time. EVERY TIME. It’s the ProFitness AdvantageSM. And it’s what helps us achieve such excellent results. That’s why physicians and patients on the Upper East Side and Brooklyn Heights turn to ProFitness for their physical therapy needs. Find out more >>>
ProFitness Physical Therapy Has Reopened
We hope you have been in good health!
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the US government has designated physical therapists as “essential critical infrastructure workers.” In light of this announcement, we have chosen to re-open so that we may serve our patients and community members who need in-person treatment.
If you would prefer to stay at home, we are also equipped to manage your care virtually via telehealth appointments.
Please call us at 212-327-0600 (Manhattan) or 718-858-6546 (Brooklyn) if you:
- need physical therapy for pain relief.
- have limitations in movement or function.
- want to improve your progress.
- have questions about your condition
- are experiencing changes in your pain levels or overall condition.
We would be happy to discuss the best steps for you to take!
We are here to help,
The ProFitness Physical Therapy Team
Social Distancing Guidelines
- All staff will have their temperature taken when they arrive for work.
- None of our team members come to work if they’re feeling ill for any reason. If they are sneezing or coughing, we require a physician’s approval for them to return to work.
- All patients will have their temperature taken with a forehead scanner prior to being seen.
- We ask any family member or aide that comes with a patient to wait outside the office.
- Patient appointments and physical therapists’ hours will be staggered to reduce the number of people in the practice.
- Patients and Providers will wear masks and practice physical distancing to the greatest extent possible. It’s very easy in our clinics because the model of care that we use is one-to-one with the physical therapist.
- We have implemented physical distancing in our treatment areas, by using private rooms and tables that are 6 feet or more apart. Obviously, the PT can’t necessarily employ full physical distancing through the entire treatment. The masks help protect the patient during closer contact.
- Patients and the provider wash their hands before and after each treatment session. We have soap and automatic hand sanitizer dispensers and single-use paper towel dispensers to minimize hand contact.
- We’ve removed chairs in our waiting area to maintain physical distancing of 6 feet.
- Tape on the floor enforces proper social distance from our receptionist.
- All surfaces and equipment are sanitized with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-approved solutions for the appropriate length of time during and after each treatment session.
- Items that may be accessed in our waiting area and potentially contaminated, such as magazines, pens, and water coolers have been removed.
The ProFitness Physical Therapy Team
We built our practice, and our valued reputation, by improving the quality of life for each and every patient. Celebrating 35 years of commitment and excellence to our patients and the physicians who refer them!
Nearly one-quarter of a million treatments. One at a time. Every time!
“There is no therapist on Earth as knowledgeable or capable as my therapist. He always knows more than my doctors and he is pleasurable to boot. Very highly recommended!” – R.D.
“My therapist gave me a better sense of my body. Most importantly, he discussed how pain is a continuing party of an active lifestyle. The kicker being that with proper practices my pain could be controlled, and in some instances eliminated. He also led me to think about strength which I didn’t do before. He was also interesting to work with.” – J.K.
“I had weakness in my back. I was unable to get up from a chair without assistance. Working with my therapist I’m now able to do this by myself. Walking up and down stairs was also a problem. I am now able to walk up and down stairs (especially subway stairs) without difficulty. I will now do home exercises so I don’t go backward.” – D.P.
“My therapist got me walking again! He was an excellent partner and coach during my extensive rehabilitation.” – C.C.K.
“Overall the staff and the physical therapist was fabulous I would recommend this place to everyone. That’s why I came back a second time.” – N.S.
“Positive experience. Cordial staff and physical therapist was extraordinarily knowledgeable and capable of working on my balance and strength. I feel much improved.” – R.E.
“I have really appreciated my therapists gentle but firm manner with which he approached my therapy. I am much improved.” – V.K.