Our Upper East Side location has therapists NOW certified in LSVT BIG Treatments for Parkinson’s Disease.
LSVT BIG has been an effective way to treat the symptoms of movement dysfunction from Parkinson’s Disease. Patients are shown specific exercises that involve exaggerated movement patterns, leading to smoother, larger, safer movements and improved quality of life.
LSVT BIG programs have been developed and researched over the past 20 years with funding from the National Institutes of Health. Research suggests that you NOT wait until you begin to experience disability, impaired function or loss of balance to start exercise based physical therapy.
LSVT BIG GETS RESULTS
Documented improved ratings on motor functioning tests in people with PD after treatment includes:
- Faster walking with bigger steps
- Improved balance
- Increased trunk rotation
- Restores mobility and improves muscle tone and endurance
After a referral from your physician treatment consists of:
- 16 sessions – four consecutive days per week for four weeks
- 1 hour sessions where, at ProFitness you will have the same certified therapist for EACH and EVERY appointment including one on one attention by that same therapist.
- Daily homework practice
- Daily carryover exercises.
A diagnosis of Parkinson’s doesn’t have to make your world a smaller place. Our certified therapists will help you every step of the way to improve balance, gait and mobility. Most of all, it will help you avoid inactivity and keep your movements steady and alive to give you more independence and a better quality of life.